flute competition • 4e édition
October 8-10, 2021
Competition: October 8-9, 2020
Flute choir workshop: October 10th – 9h-12h AM (Category A, Category B from the level Adagietto and Category C)
Award ceremony: October 10, 2020 – 2:00PM
Category A: children of higher level than the general level, from the age of 12 to the age of 17.
Category B: children of a regular level, from the age of 6 to the age of 20
Category C: flute ensemble or ensembles of mixed instruments. Chamber music without a conductor. Participants from the age of 6 to the age of 20.
- Category A: 80.- CHF
- Category B: 50.- CHF
- Category C: 20.- CHF per person
Pianist, flute choir workshop and festival Pass included.
September 10th, 2021
Category A: candidates born after 07.10.2004
Categories B and C: candidates born after 07.10.2001
In the case of a participation at severyl categories, it is required to fill a different form for each category.
Category C, 2 options:
- One candidate fill one form for all of the groupe’s members, and makes a unique payment for the groupe.
- Each member of the groupe fills an individual form and a makes a separate payment.
Conservatoire de l’Ouest Vaudois • Route de Genève 4 • 1260 Nyon • Suisse
Théâtre de Grand-Champ • Route de la Serine 2 • 1196 Gland • Suisse
Pianists are provided for the categories A and B.
30 minutes rehearsal included in the price.
No rehearsal will take place, the editiors of each madatory peace provide a CD with the sheet music.
Special price “I play my music” – an opportunity given to candidates who play their own composition in addition to the mandatory repertoire
- Mandatory repertoire
- Goal: encourage young talents
- Candidates born between 07.10.2009 and 07.10.2007
- Candidates born between 07.10.2007 and
Fan de Flûte
- Mandatory repertoire
- Candidates born after 07.10.2004 for all levels
- Goal: encourage flute playing with kind and supportive results
- 1 year of flute playing*
- 2-3 years of flute playing*
- 3-4 years fo flute playing*
- 5-6 years of flute playing*
- 6-7 years of flute playing*
- 7-8 years of flute playing*
- 8 years and + of flute playing*
* Years of flute playing supplied solely for purposes of guidance.
Les copains d’abord
- From beginners to advanced levels
- Ensembles from the duo to the quintet with flûte, all instruments, without a conducter
- Free repertoire
- 2 pieces of different style: classical – world music – jazz – contemporary – early music on historical instruments – etc..
- Candidates born after 07.10.2004
- Goal: music playing with friends
- Free repertoire of maximum 4 minutes
- Middle level
- Free repertoire of maximum 6 minutes
- Advanced level
- Free repertoire of maximum 8 minutes
• Asia – Sophie Dufeutrelle
• Sonate en Do Majeur – Gaetano Donizetti (with a cut – music provided by the competition)
• Ghost – Eric Ledeuil
• Andante et Scherzo – Louis Ganne
Carillon – Sophie Dufeutrelle (rue traversière 1, Edition Leduc)
Comme Adèle – Soldh Anders (Le Nouveau petit flûté, Edition Robert Martin)
Les Lunes de Cuzco – Kumiko Tanaka (Le Voyage du Petit fluté, Edition Robert Martin)
Dream Flute et The windmills – Blaz Pucihar (Flauta se igra -www.puciharmusic.net)
Valse gracieuse – Wilhelm Popp (La flûte au salon, Mitropa Music)
Alma Latina – Jérôme Naulais (2 Promenades pour flûte, éditons Robert Martin
Sonate no 2 – Giuseppe Rabboni (Sonatas for flute and piano, Rabboni, The Paul Edmund Davies performing edition)